Thursday, April 2, 2015
Wise Proverbs From Africa
2. A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything.
3. Knowledge without wisdom is like water in the sand.
4. The wise create proverbs for fool to learn, not to repeat.
5. Only a fool tests the depth of a river with his both feet.
6. The lion doesn't turn around when a small dog barks.
7. Man is like a pepper, till you have chewed it you do not know how hot it is.
8. A barber doesn't shave himself.
9. If you climb up a tree you must clime down the same tree.
10. Lying will get you a wife, but it won't keep her.
11. If you refuse to be made straight when you are green, you will not be made straight when you are dry.
12. Tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.
13. A big fish is caught with big bait.
14. A man who has one finger pointing at another has three pointing towards himself.