Friday, May 29, 2015
Anger Quotes And Sayings
Famous Quotes About Anger (14 Quotations)
1. Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
- Mark Twain
2. Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.
- Maya Angelou
3. Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
- Lord Buddha
4. A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.
- Ancient Proverb
5. For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. Anger is poison. You must purge it from your mind or else it will corrupt your better nature.
- Christopher Paolini
7. If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?
- Sydney J. Harris
8. Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.
- Cherie Carter-Scott
9. If you get angry easily, it may be because the seed of anger in you has been watered frequently over many years, and unfortunately you have allowed it or even encouraged it to be watered.
- Thich Nhat Hanh
10. A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.
- Winston Churchill
11. Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
- Mahatma Gandhi
12. He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.
- Chinese Proverb
13. Any person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him.
14. An angry man opens his mouth and shuts his eyes.
- Cato The Elder