Monday, June 15, 2015
Quotes And Sayings About Agriculture
Popular Agriculture Quotes/Sayings (12 Quotations)
- Arthur Keith
2. Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
- Thomas Jefferson
3. Agriculture not only gives riches to a nation, but the only riches she can call her own.
- Samuel Johnson
4. Before the discovery of agriculture mankind was everywhere so divided, the size of each group being determined by the natural fertility of its locality.
- Arthur Keith
5. The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.
- Masanobu Fukuoka
6. An agricultural life is one eminently calculated for human happiness and human virtue.
- Josiah Quincy
7. Agriculture is best, enterprise is acceptable, but avoid being on a fixed wage.
- Ancient Indian Proverb
8. Advances in medicine and agriculture have saved vastly more lives than have been lost in all the wars in history.
- Dr. Carl Sagan
9. The first farmer was the first man, and all historic nobility rests on possession and use of land.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. Agriculture is the noblest of all alchemy; for it turns earth, and even manure, into gold, conferring upon its cultivator the additional reward of health.
- Paul Chatfield
11. Farmers are respectable and interesting to me in proportion as they are poor.
- Henry David Thoreau
12. When you concentrate on agriculture and industry and are frugal in expenditures, heaven cannot impoverish your state.
- Xun Zi