Friday, June 5, 2015
Quotes And Sayings About Tradition
Famous Tradition Quotes (15 Quotations)
- Henry James
2. Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay.
- Jiddu Krishnamurti
3. I'd rather be at the end of the dying tradition, which I admire, than at the beginning of a tradition which I deplore.
- Margaret Drabble
4. Tradition is a guide and not a jailer.
- W. Somerset
5. Tradition cannot be inherited - it should be conquered.
- T.S Eliot
6. The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings.
- Kate Chopin
7. Traditions are the guideposts driven deep in our subconscious mind. The most powerful ones are those we can't even dedscribe, aren't even aware of.
- Ellen Goodman
8. Tradition is the illusion of permanance.
- Woody Allen
9. As soon as tradition has come to be recognized as tradition, it is dead.
- Allan Bloom
10. Tradition is what you resort to when you don't have the time or the money to do it right.
- Kurt Herbert Alder
11. A tradition without intelligence is not worth having.
- T.S Eliot
12. The true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but men of tradition.
- Pope St. Pius X
13. Tradition does not mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive.
- Jean Jeures
14. Preserve the old tradition, but know the new.
15. Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash.
- Winston Churchill