Friday, June 5, 2015
Quotations And Sayings About Culture
Popular Culture Quotes (14 Quotations)
1. A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.
- Marcus Garvey
2. You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people do stop reading them.
- Ray Bradbury
3. A man should be just cultured enough to be able to look with suspicion upon culture at first, not second hand.
- Samuel Butler
4. You have to taste a culture to understand it.
- Deborah Cater
5. Culture is the intersection of people and life itself. It's how we deal with life, love, death, birth, disappointment ... all of that is expressed in culture.
- Windell Pierce
6. Without ethical culture, there is no salvation for humanity.
- Albert Einstein
7. Real culture lives by sympathies and admirations, not by dislikes and disdain - Under all misleading wrappings it pounces unerringly upon the human core.
- William James
8. Without culture, and the relative freedom it implies, society, even when perfect, is but a jungle. This is why any authentic creation is a gift to the future.
- Albert Camus
9. Every man's ability may be strengthened or increased by culture.
- John Abbot
10. Artists creat identities for culture and societies.
11. The men of culture are the true apostles of equality.
- Matthew Arnold
12. Culture is the widening of the mind and of the spirit.
- Jawaharlal Nehru
13. Culture is the sum of all the forms of art, of love, and of thought, which, in the coarse or centuries, have enabled man to be less enslaved.
- Andre Malraux
14. Culture is not a surface phenomenon it is our very core.
- Edgar Schein