Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Sayings And Quotes About Punishment
Collection Of Famous Punishment Quotes And Sayings
1. Punishment may make us obey the orders we are given, but at best it will only teach an obedience to authority, not a self-control which enhances our self-respect.
- Bruno Bettelheim
2. The liar's punishment is, not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.
- George Bernard Shaw
3. Let the punishment be proportionate to the offense.
- Marcus T. Cicero
4. Punishment is justice for unjust.
- Saint Augustine
5. And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
6. Pain is not a punishment; pleasure is not a reward.
- Pema Chodron
7. All in all, punishment hardens and renders people more insensible; it concentrates; it increases the feeling of estrangement; it strengthens the power of resistence.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
8. Punishment is the last and the least effective instrument in the hands of the legislator for the prevention of crime.
- John Ruskin
9. Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
- Elbert Hubbard
10. If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are sorry lot indeed.
- Albert Einstein
11. Wickedness is its own punishment.
- Francis Quarles
12. All punishment is mischief; all punishment in itself is evil.
- Jeremy Bentham