Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Wonderful Quotes About Gardens
Famous Quotations And Sayings On Gardens
1. A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all it teaches entire trust.
- Gertrude Jekyll
2. The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses.
- Hanna Rion
3. Gardens and flowers have a way of bringing people together, drawing them from their homes.
- Clare Ansberry
4. To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
- Audrey Hepburn
5. A gardener learns more in the mistakes than in the successes.
- Barbara Dodge
6. No two gardens are the same. No two days are the same in one garden.
- Hugh Johnson
7. How deeply seated in the human heart is the liking for gardens and gardening.
- Alexander Smith
8. I don't like formal gardens. I like wild nature. It's just the wilderness instinct in me, I guess.
- Walt Disney
9. Gardens...... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves.
- H.E. Bates
10. Life begins the day you start a garden.
11. A garden really lives only insofar as it is an expression of faith, the embodiment of a hope and a song of praise.
- Russell Page
12. I have never had so many good ideas day after day as when I worked in the garden.
- John Erskine