Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Character Building Quotes And Sayings
Great Quotations About Character (15 Quotes)
1. Because power corrupts, society's demand for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases.
- John Adams
2. The best index to a person's character is how he treats people who can't do him any good, and how he treats people who can't fight back.
- Abigail Van Buren
3. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation.
- John Wooden
4. People of character do the right thing even if no one else does, not because they think it will change the world but because they refuse to be changed by the world.
- Michael Josephson
5. One can easily judge the character of a person by the way they treat people who can dp nothing for them.
- Old Proverb
6. You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.
- Henry David Thoreau
7. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
- Abraham Lincoln
8. Character is the only secure foundation of the state.
- Calvin Coolidge
9. Character isn't something you were born with and can't change, like your fingerprints. It's something you weren't born with and must take responsibility for forming.
- Jim John
10. Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what a reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character.
- Dr. Wayne
11. Character is the sum total of all our everyday choices.
- Margaret Jensen
12. The character of a man is known from his conversations.
13. Your character defines who you are by the actions you take.
- Catherine Pulsifer
14. No change of circumstances can repair a defect of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. Good actions are the invisible hinges of the doors of heaven.
- Victor Hugo