Friday, June 5, 2015
Liberty Quotes And Sayings
Famous Quotes And Sayings On Liberty (11 Quotations)
1. Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others.- Thomas Jefferson
2. Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
- George Washington
3. If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
- George Orwell
4. Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, sell not liberty to purchase power.
- Benjamin Franklin
5. The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization.
- Sigmund Freud
6. Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost.
- Thomas Jefferson
7. Liberty is about our rights to question everything.
- Ai Wei Wei
8. Liberty: One of Imagination's most precious possessions.
- Ambrose Bierce
9. It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once.
- David Hume
10. Liberty is the only one thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others.
- Willian Allen White
11. Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have.
- Harry Emerson Fosdick