Saturday, July 25, 2015
Sayings And Quotes About Humility
Collection Of Famous Quotations On Humility
- Rick Warren
2. We learn humility through accepting humiliations cheerfully.
- Mother Teresa
3. Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.
- Thomas Merton
4. Humility is nothing else but a right judgement of ourselves.
- William Law
5. Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.
- Ezra T. Benson
6. Only humility will help us grow. The feeling of I and mine obstructs any possibility of inner growth.
7. Humility it would seem, knows nothing and yet everything - Arrogance on the other hand, knows everything and yet nothing.
8. Talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.
- Patrick Suskind
9. Humility is nothing but truth, and pride is nothing but lying.
- St. Vincent
10. True humility - the basis of the Christian system - is the low but deep and firm foundation of all virtues.
- Edmund Burke
11. Humility is to make a right estimate of one's self.
- Charles Haddon
12. The only humility that is really ours is not that which we try to show before God in prayer, but that which we carry with us in our daily conduct.
- Andrew Murray
13. In reality, humility means nothing other than complete honesty about yourself.
- William Countryman
14. We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
- Rabindranath Tagore
15. Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honor and life.
16. Life is a long lesson in humility.
- J.M Barrie
17. There is something in humility which strangely exalts the heart.
- Saint Augustine
18. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left.
- Oscar Levant
19. Even if you be otherwise perfect, you fail without humility.
- The Talmud