Monday, January 25, 2016
Wise Quotes About Silence
Notable Quotations On Silence (17 Quotes)
- Elbert Hubbard
2. Don't waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.
- Mandy Hale
3. Silence is true wisdom's best reply.
4. Surely silence can sometimes be the most eloquent reply.
- Ali Thalib
5. The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
- Ram Dass
6. Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.
7. Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
8. Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.
- Lao Tzu
9. Silence is a text easy to misread.
- A. Attanasio
10. Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech.
- Martin F. Tupper
11. Silence is the virtue of fools.
- Francis Bacon
12. True silence is the rest of the mind; it is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment.
- William Penn
13. He who does not know how to be silent will not know how to speak.
14. Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute.
- Josh Billings
15. Words can sting like anything, but silence breaks the heart.
- Phyllis McGinley
16. Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent.
- St. John
17. The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.
- Mark Twain